Penns Woods Bancorp (PWB), Inc. is listed on the NASDAQ National Market under the symbol PWOD. It is the bank holding company for Jersey Shore State Bank (JSSB), Luzerne Bank (Luzerne) and United Insurance Solutions (UIS). PWB is headquartered in Williamsport, PA.
- 1934 -JSSB opens its doors for the first time in history as a small community bank. It was initially owned by 400 Jersey Shore residents.
- 1971 - JSSB opens a second office in uptown Jersey Shore, PA on Bridge Street.
- 1975 - JSSB opens a location in Duboistown, PA.
- 1982 - JSSB expands its region into Williamsport with a temporary branch location as construction on the permanent location begins.
- 1983 - PWB was in incorporated in Pennsylvania on January 7, 1983, with JSSB as a wholly owned subsidiary.
- 1986 - The 300 Market Street branch of JSSB officially opens in Williamsport.
- 1987 - JSSB opens a location in Montgomery, PA.
- 1995- JSSB ventures west by acquiring Lock Haven Savings Bank.
- 1999 - JSSB continues its move westward by purchasing First National Bank of Spring Mills.
- 2000 - JSSB purchases The M Group d/b/a The Comprehensive Financial Group, effectively giving the company the ability to offer investment and insurance products.
- 2001 - PWB is listed on NASDAQ for the first time. (NASDAQ: PWOD).
- 2005 - JSSB continues its move westward by opening an office in State College, PA.
- 2006 - JSSB opens a location in Montoursville, PA.
- 2011 - Richard A. Grafmyre is appointed PWB's Chief Executive Officer.
- 2012 - JSSB expands its reach into Montour County with a banking center in Danville, PA.
- 2013 - PWB completes its purchase of Luzerne Bank in June and is invited to ring the NASDAQ bell in December.
- 2014 - JSSB opens a location in Loyalsock Township.
- 2015 - JSSB continues to expand throughout the Central Pennsylvania area by opening a location in Lewisburg, PA.
- 2017 - Brian L. Knepp is appointed PWB's President.
- 2017 - JSSB opens a location in the Muncy/Hughesville area.2017 - Luzerne Bank opens the Conyngham Valley location inside the Gould's Market.
- 2018 - PWB formed United Insurance Solutions (UIS). UIS provides Home, Auto, Property & Casualty, Commercial, Medicare, and Life Insurance to meet the needs of customers.
- 2019 - Luzerne Bank opens a location in Pittston, PA.
- 2019 - Luzerne Bank opens a location in Forty Fort, PA.
- 2020 - JSSB continues to expands west by opening a location in Altoona, PA.
- 2021 - JSSB continues to expand throughout the Central Pennsylvania area by opening a location in Bellefonte, PA.
JSSB's 16 full-service offices and Luzerne's 8 full-service offices serve customers throughout northcentral and northeastern Pennsylvania through the bank's retail banking, commercial banking, mortgage and financial services divisions.
UIS provides Home, Auto, Property & Casualty, Commercial, Medicare, and Life Insurance to meet the needs of customers.